Terms and Conditions
Please Read These Terms Carefully Before Using This Site
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the Site.
- GATE reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party.
- This Site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to GATE are provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Under no circumstances will GATE be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of GATE.org regardless of the form of action.
- It is your responsibility to protect your computer against viruses and hackers by installing a computer anti-virus protection program and ensuring that it is regularly updated, and by validating the source of diskettes and e-mails/other attachments before opening them. We also recommend that you use a firewall to protect yourself whilst connected to the internet.
- GATE does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the Materials.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from GATE. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by GATE to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this Site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not GATE). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
Third Party Sites
As a convenience to you, GATE may provide, on this Site, links to Web sites operated by other entities. If you use these sites, you will leave this Site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. GATE makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any linked Web sites or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that GATE or this Site sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of GATE or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
GATE takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
External Links to the Site
All links to the Site must be approved in writing by GATE, except that GATE consents to links in which: (i) the link is a text-only link containing only the name “GATE”; (ii) the link “points” only to www.transitionengineering.org or www.transitionengineering.co.nz/ and not to deeper pages;(iii) the link, when activated by a user, displays that page full-screen in a fully operable and navigable browser window and not within a “frame” on the linked website; and (iv) the appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may neither create the false appearance that an entity or its activities or products are associated with or sponsored by GATE nor be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the name and trademarks of GATE or its Affiliates. GATE reserves the right to revoke this consent to link at any time in its sole discretion.
Contributions to GATE
Further to previous paragraphs, by submitting your contribution to GATE, you:
- warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to GATE for all the purposes specified above; is not defamatory;
- does not infringe any law;
- Indemnify GATE against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by GATE as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on transitionengineering.org and transitionengineering.co.nz and the purposes specified above.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to transitionengineering.org/ transitionengineering.co.nz or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on transitionengineering.org/ transitionengineering.co.nz, and GATE considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, GATE may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.